Sunday 12 August 2012

TRASH TO TREASURE

BAIT BOAT TURNED BASS BOAT

Big Difference Since I First Bought It


As my mate jake and I are going into Bass and Bream Tournaments this season I decided to turn my 12 foot aluminium boat into a sport fishing vessel, equipped with casting platform, false floor, 40 Pound Minn Kota electric engine and a lowrance fish sounder.

The Boat The Way I Bought It

It is actually quite easy to turn a normal fishing tinny into a sport Bass and Bream boat. I measured the Plywood to fit the boat in between the miidle seat and the front seat as it would sit quite nice and firm on top of them and cut it out to fit with a jigsaw. I had braced the underneath of the platform with 16mm plywood and metal joinery plates as extra support. and instlled a false floor between the driving seat and casting platform and reinforced it so its suitable to stand on with storage underneath also.


Small Upgrades I done To The Boat In January


I carpeted it with blue marine carpet by actually screwing it to the platform with stainless steel screws as it would cost to much to glue it and actually turned out better this way. fastening the platform to the seat support with easy release locking fasters, screwed in some hinges on the platform and screwed in a handle for easy lifting to access the underneath in which it was now used as storage with my anchor, battery source, lifejackets and live well.

View of The New Platform


I installed the Minn Kota 40 Pound All Terain electric engine to the side of the bow and screwed in the pedal to the platform.

New Lowrance and Minn Kota Electric


I also installed a new Lowrance Elite - x5 DSI as my sounder, I made a box out of the scrap plywood that was left over for the sounder to be screwed to,  and carpeted it to the box with a compartment for a phone and wallet. Then installed the Navigation lights for Port and Starboard side, and installed a new 6 piece rod holder to the left side of the vessel out of driving and casting way.


Ready For Bass nad Bream Tournaments




Took the boat down the river to test the platform, electronics and stability of the boat.... oh and a bit of trolling for Rainbow Trout for half an hour but with no luck! Boat actually handles alot better on the water and rides better with the platform despite to the contrary to what a member on the Breammaster forum stated that his boat handle bad when he installed a platform, it was very stable.

Handled Very Well on The Water


Minn Kota makes bank casting that so much better with 5 speeds on it was a dream to use.
The Lowrance Sounder is also "Really that good" was suprised on how accurate these machines actually are, showed weed that was half a foot from the surface of the water to the depths of over 40 feet. Seriously cannot wait to nail Bass and Bream on this boat in the coming weeks, and very eager for the competitions
 to begin. Boat is being painted inside and out in a few weeks so stay tuned!!!


New Onboard Rod Storage



















Testing Out the New Casting Deck




MILF - "Man I Love Fishing

No comments:

Post a Comment